Monday, May 10, 2010

Class Websites

Although it was difficult for me to figure out exactly how to make one work, I really like the idea of a class website. Instead of sending home several reminders and class newsletters that are very likely to get lost before they ever reach the parents, you can just send one home not that emphasizes the importance of checking the classroom website daily. Then you can post reminders, calenders, and assignments. I know it could be a challenge with those parents who don't have a computer or internet at home, so I'm not sure how to overcome that challenge yet. But internet is becoming more and more commonplace.

I really love the idea of a calendar on the website to keep both me and my students organized and updated. I can also post ideas on where students can go to research for projects and to give them ideas on how to get started. Finally, it would be an easy way for parents to reach me, as they can just email me through the website, instead of keeping track of my email. Then, I can avoid getting too many parent phone calls as well! I think this can be a great tool in the future for disseminating information to both students and teachers.

1 comment:

  1. It was difficult for me also to figure out the website, but in the end it was kinda fun to plan a future class and see what I'd want to include on a class website.

    ReplyDelete